On Monday I got to catch the first pitch at the Mariner's game. It was really fun. My friend Julie works for BECU. They had a drawing for all the employees and she won. She gave the opportunity to throw out the first pitch to her husband Jeff. The raffle included passes for three other people to go on the field.
So Julie, Jeff, Julie's sister Mandy and I all went down on the field on Monday before the game to wait for Jeff to throw out the first pitch. We watched the Royals hit batting practice for a while and just hung out down there. Then one of the coordinators told Jeff that he would not get to throw to a Mariner. She gave him the option of throwing to a ball girl, or throwing to one of us in his group. So they elected me to catch the ball. I asked them for a glove and the dug up some little kids glove from the back somewhere. So I was pretty nervous about trying to catch a ball with it. Here is the video from the first pitch.
All went well. Jeff threw it a little high, but somehow I caught it with that crappy glove. The best part was that he did a cartwheel afterwards. He said he was going to do one, but I didn't think he had the guts to follow through with it. But he did.
After the pitch we got to watch the National Anthem. Then they took some pictures with the Moose and with a M's player. We got stuck with Norton, who is pretty much a nobody. But we did get up close to one really cool player. Jay Buhner was sitting in Row three behind home plate so we walked by him a couple of times. I tried to get a picture through the net but it came out blurry.
They put us in great seats 20 rows up from the M's dugout. It wasn't a great game, but we had lots of fun. It was once in a lifetime chance. Thanks Julie for winning the raffle and inviting me to come with you.
So Julie, Jeff, Julie's sister Mandy and I all went down on the field on Monday before the game to wait for Jeff to throw out the first pitch. We watched the Royals hit batting practice for a while and just hung out down there. Then one of the coordinators told Jeff that he would not get to throw to a Mariner. She gave him the option of throwing to a ball girl, or throwing to one of us in his group. So they elected me to catch the ball. I asked them for a glove and the dug up some little kids glove from the back somewhere. So I was pretty nervous about trying to catch a ball with it. Here is the video from the first pitch.
All went well. Jeff threw it a little high, but somehow I caught it with that crappy glove. The best part was that he did a cartwheel afterwards. He said he was going to do one, but I didn't think he had the guts to follow through with it. But he did.
After the pitch we got to watch the National Anthem. Then they took some pictures with the Moose and with a M's player. We got stuck with Norton, who is pretty much a nobody. But we did get up close to one really cool player. Jay Buhner was sitting in Row three behind home plate so we walked by him a couple of times. I tried to get a picture through the net but it came out blurry.
They put us in great seats 20 rows up from the M's dugout. It wasn't a great game, but we had lots of fun. It was once in a lifetime chance. Thanks Julie for winning the raffle and inviting me to come with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment