It took us quite a while to get a title and organize this, but we donated our old double wide to a non profit to repurpose for low income housing. The biggest challenge of that was getting a title to remove the MFH from real property. Eric had to go to many offices in downtown Seattle. It required 3 different office signatures. The worst part is that one office tried to claim that our building did not exist and that they could not help us. They said take it to court. Yeah right. So I called and emailed and talked to some other people. They had to talk to someone in Olympia. They discovered that because we had the new house built on the same parcel, the MFH was changed to a secondary dwelling in their system. Most people had no idea how to look that up. After 4 months and several trips down town we finally got the title. A couple weeks ago a company came and split it in half to prepare for removal. Monday they took one half of the house and today they came back to get the other half. It is on it's way to fife to a be put to a new use. I can't say I am sad to see this thing go. It served it's purpose for our family but living in it was not the greatest. Many things the family has already started blocking out of their minds. I won't lie, I was kind of hoping I would get to take a sledgehammer to it. But, I hope the new owner can fix it up to be something they can be happy in. Now we have one last bit of yard to fix up before we can get final approval on our construction project.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bU5kZ5VADNGXDSvQA
No comments:
Post a Comment